Friday, January 29, 2010

Classics on prayer and devotion to God

Lately, a lot of my reading has been done on iPhone. You can download pretty much anything but being the cheapskate that I am, I've been reading several old Christian classics that you can get for free.
Things like "How to Pray" by Torrey, "A Serious Call..." by William Law, and "A Plain Account of Christian Perfection" by John Wesley.
Various biographies of early church characters as well.
Sound boring?
Maybe for some but these old classics are stirring my spirit afresh to seek God for revival - in me, in my church in my city and in my nation.
How easy it is to become desensitised. We don't realise how bad things are getting because it happens slowly.
Some of these old classics can help us gain a more godly perspective on our general spiritual wellbeing

No comments: